2017 Children’s Mandarin Class in Richmond
We have s special Mandarin program for students who do not have any Chinese background.We adopt an inquiry-based, active and communicative approach to help students learn Mandarin. The emphasis in on listening and speaking, and cultivating interest and passion for Chinese language and culture.
Class Location: 121, 8877 Odlin Cr. Richmond, map
Class size: 3-8
Age: 6 and above
Class Start date:
Saturday, 11:00 am -1:00pm, Sep 16, 2017, Group A
Saturday, 1:30-3:30pm, Sep 16, 2017, Group B
Tuition ：$400 /term ( 8 weeks, 16 hours ), plus 5% GST
Material fees: $35
Private tutoring available
Mandarin for English Speakers ( K- 12 ), 小学生中文班（母语为英语，K-7）
This course is suitable for non-Chinese speaking children who do not have Mandarin language background, focusing on developing Mandarin conversational skills. The Students will learn in small group class, through stories, role-play, drama, songs, arts, crafts and games.
Mandarin Simplified and Traditional Characters ( K – G 12 ) 简体字/ 繁体字中文班（小学生及中学生）
Designed for student who would like to focus on reading and writing skills. The course will cover vocabulary, sentence structure, grammar and Chinese culture.
Mandarin for youth ( G 8-12 ) 青少年中文班（各个水平）
Designed for non-Mandarin speaking teenagers who do not have Mandarin language background. Students will be led by an experienced Mandarin teacher, interacting with a small group of peers (5-8) in a immersion language environment and develop practical, conversational skills.
1 on 1 or small group Tutoring 一对一或者小班授课
Test preparation, Mandarin AP, IB and HSKApplication
See what our students say about their experiences.
- He loves it, is using some Mandarin words around the house.
- she likes the teachers and enjoys learning new words and phrases in Mandarin to show to her family
- “Well the thing is…. I LOVE IT” is what she said. She would like to continue in the program, learning more words, etc.
- very fun but finds it hard to go from the day school to the Mandarin class. Could they have a run around outside first? ( kindergarten student )
- She likes learning new words and songs in mandarin. She is excited to be able to say that she knows mandarin
- She loves it. Also loves to teach us what she has learned. I have no idea what she says to me though!